Thursday, February 18, 2010

It isn't what I expected

Editing Process

Words: 2 Chapters
Time: 11:30 4:15 (1hr break)
Mood: A little groggy
Impression: It's both light-hearted and heavy

I didn't edit yesterday because like when I started writing, I think I need to ease my way into it. Writing a book takes a lot of energy. And where as I had enough energy to write and edit the first book last year and the kid's book this year, I guess I'm running out of energy for this one.

But I have to say that this book is very different than I thought it would be when I started editing it. I have a certain voice and style when I write and this one definitely deviates for that voice and style. The writing style is very casual. The main character doesn't feel that familiar to me. He doesn't even feel like anyone I've ever knew. I don't know if I would even be friends with this guy. He's just very different from me in fundamental ways.

Having said that, I find this guy and his world very interesting. I never know what's coming out of his mouth and it makes me cringe as much as it makes me laugh. It's an interesting experience. It's a little hard to believe that I wrote this. I can only imagine what mindset I was in when I wrote this. Man! :-)

No comments: