Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It moves along quickly

Editing Process
Words: 2 chapters
Time: 2 - 5:45pm (1hr break)
Mood: Tired
Impression: Fine

In the back of mind sits the idea that the stakes in my story aren't very high. It is simply about one man's happiness... even though that one man is supposed to represent every man. But even with that being the case, it moves along pretty quickly. I had forgotten about the first sex scene in the book. I had based the sex on an actual encounter that I had with my muse for this book. It was a little weird to read those things said by the character that says it. I have since lost contact with my muse, but I wonder what she would say about the person that says her words.

Also, I'm not going to lie to you all, I see a lot of myself in the main character. Clearly the main character isn't me, and that is probably why I feel the similarity. If it were me I would feel something else. Instead I read the situation and I relate to what's going on. I can understand what the writer is intending, and I can relate to the character as a man. I wonder if other guys would be able to relate or if it will just be me?

I have to say, although I'm not overwhelmed by my schedule right now. I certainly am juggling a few balls at once. This morning I didn't start until 2 because I was giving notes a potential illustrator for the kid's book I completed. And after that I was dealing with emails and other stuff with my online store at RememberTheBahamas.com.

We recently started selling a Bahamas soda called Goombay Punch. Because it is so extremely popular we sold 200 cans in the first day and a half. But I had calculated the costs incorrectly and we lost money on every sale. I spent Monday and Tuesday dealing with that.

Today, it was more dealing with the sodas and also dealing with the printer that is printing the postcards that I designed. It feels good to be so creatively productive, and to have so many balls in the air, but that doesn't change the fact that there are a lot of them to keep track of.

No comments: