Thursday, December 24, 2009

I think I need 2 more days to finish it

Words: 2,169
Time: 10:15 - 1:30 (1hr break)
Mood: Tired
Impression: Good enough

I am definitely winding the book down now. It is possible that I could finish tomorrow, but it would have to be a longer day. More likely I will finish the book 2 days from now.

I have to say that even at this point I'm surprised how much the activities of my life and my mood affect what I write. I used to believe that there was some divine writer living inside of me and all I had to do was get out of his way. But even today I know that because I fell asleep early last night and then didn't get enough sleep the tone of what I wrote changed. It wasn't that I wrote something dark today. It was just heavy. The writing felt like how I feel.

Also, at the very end of my writing process about a lonely guy that meets someone, I might have met someone today. I do online dating, and for the first time, I wrote someone, and within hours she wrote me back. And the kicker is that she's really hot. There's always the chance that she's not real, but I don't think so. Wouldn't me meeting someone be the perfect end to my story about writing a book about a lonely guy. :-)

No comments: