Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I'm days away from finishing the book

Words: 3,910
Time: 10 - 2:15 (1/2 hr break)
Mood: Relaxed
Impression: I'm not sure about it

First let me say that the Bahamas was absolutely great! If anyone wants to go to the Bahamas for a very quiet get-away. I highly recommend going to Eden Cottage http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p269928. My god it was soothing to my soul. I was feeling really crazy before I left. I even had to get my mohawk back.

But after 2 weeks there, life seems a little sweeter. I had all of my meals made for me and it was great to be around family again. I thought that it would be bad, but it was very good.

So when it comes to the book, there was a day that I wrote but didn't blog about it. My mother and I have a website called www.RememberTheBahamas.com . And the most popular item that we sell there is a cologne called Sand Cologne. Just a few days before I left I decided that we would start selling it through Amazon and I had to do all of the things that could only be done while I was there. I figured that I could finish the book once I got back to LA.

And now that I'm back, I think I'm days away from finishing the book. It's possible that I could finish tomorrow. And if not tomorrow, I could finish on Christmas day. I don't think I have any plans for Christmas, so that might be what I do. Merry Christmas to me.

I have to say though, my vacation really took me out of the mind set of the book. I was using my angst to drive the book. But I am now angst free. That is one of the reasons I'm trying so hard to bring the book to its end. It's like I'm trying to get out of the class before anyone realized I'm sporting a big hard one if you know what I mean.

But we'll see where I'm at tomorrow. I think that I have the climax of the book down. Act 3 is the culmination of the darkest before the dawn. And like I mentioned weeks ago, the book is not about a fight for the safety of the galaxy, so it feels less compelling. But I guess that if you care about the characters, then the universe doesn't have to be threatened for you to care how it ends. At least that's what I'm hoping.

No comments: