Friday, December 4, 2009

I'm a little tired

Words: 4,086
Time: 12:30 - 4:30 (1/4hr break)
Mood: Sad
Impression: I think my mood has shaped what I wrote

I had a late morning appointment and I didn't expect to write today. But when I got home at noon, I grabbed food and rested. Afterwards I figured that a few hundred would be better than nothing so I gave writing a shot.

Today turned out to be the latest I have ever started and the most I have ever written in one day. Since I didn't write the first 3 days of the week and because I wouldn't be able to write on Monday because of traveling, I figured I should do as much as I could.

As I think about it though, I don't know if my mood shaped what I wrote, or what I wrote shaped my mood. Either way I'm feeling like I need to connect with humans tonight. Writing is a very lonely thing. And so much alone contemplative time can do bad things to me.

Anyway, on Monday I'm traveling to the Bahamas for my brother's wedding. I can't seem to write at airports or on planes so hopefully I can get back to the story by Tuesday or Wednesday. We'll see. I'm close to the end of the book. And I know that I could finish it while I'm there, but I don't know if I'll be able to string enough days together during my 2 weeks.

I hit 70,000 words today which is past my original goal, so I know I'm close. And I want to be able to say that I wrote 2 books in 2009 so even if I pull an 8 hour writing session on New Years eve, I will get this done. And what's more I think that it's best if I get my mind out of this world as soon as I can. It's an interesting place to visit, but I can no longer take living there.

No comments: