Thursday, December 3, 2009

Ok, I'm back

Words: 3,122
Time: 11:15 - 2 (1/4hr break)
Mood: Not great
Impression: It's fine

Ok, I'm not going to lie to you. I considered not finishing the book. I have been going through a little bit of psychological hell over the last couple of days. That EMDR thing that my shrink did, really messed with my head.

What it did was make me think that the only thing that I will have in life is my work. And because neither of my readers have gotten back to me about my last book, I had began to assume that it was because I was a crap writer. I could barely think.

What always helps me in this situation is playing racquetball but because of an unexplainable leg injury I can't do that either. And to top it off, someone came out of the blue and teased me with a really great job at NBC directing. But just as quickly as they mentioned it, they pulled it away. Honestly, I didn't know whether I would make it to the end of the week. For days I couldn't do more than sleep and watch TV. It was not good.

But mercifully someone who I don't know got a hold of the first chapter of my last book and read it. He gave me 4 out of 5 stars on it and with it some of my hope had returned. I can't say how I'm doing right now, but the fact that I was able to write today should say something.

And guys, I can't tell you how much your encouragement has made to me during this process. I have never had such a hard time writing anything before. They usually slip out of me like a wet pickle out of a whore. But this time has just been hell.

No comments: