Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's weird writing here

Words: 1,385
Time: 10:15 - Noon
Mood: Easing down
Impression: Not sure

I am now at my mother's house in the Bahamas and I have to say that it's weird writing here. My computer is on her desk and if I look up, I see a picture of my nephews and nieces. I can't help but think how nephew-and-niece-unfriendly my book is. They are between 18 and 13 so they aren't young. And I've given basic sex advice to 14 and 15 year olds, but they are definitely different.

Other than that, I think that this trip is going to be good for me. My mother's place is very calming. I was definitely in a much more irritated state before. But here, all of the stuff that was making me nuts melts away. Today, I dropped my mother to work, sat down in her office and wrote. Her desk faces the window and there is a Poinciana tree outside that's swaying in the breeze. There's a little yellow bird in the tree that's hopping from branch to branch. It's nice.

Clearly this setting is going to have an affect on the story. I'm not exactly sure how yet, but it is. In a way my agitation was fueling the story. Without it, I would be driving with the wrong type of gas. I guess I'll see though. I only wrote a little today because I hit the end of the chapter. Tomorrow will be the test. We'll see.

No comments: