Thursday, November 19, 2009

I love writing sex scenes

Words: 2,012
Time: 11:15 - 1:15
Mood: Great
Impression: Pretty freakin' hot

First of all it is my birthday today. So happy birthday to me. Secondly, today I wrote the first of what will probably be a few sex scenes. You can't write a book about penis enlargement without having a sex scene. But no other sex scene that I write will match this one.

It wasn't that it was raunchy, dirty sex. It was detailed and hot and sweet and if there is anyone that reads it and isn't turned on on multiple levels, then I should never put fingers to keyboard ever again. :-) Writing that was a birthday gift to myself and man did I enjoy it.

That was also the end of the chapter and after taking forever on the last chapter, this one took 3 days with each day me writing more than 2,000 words. I think that the rest of the book will definitely not take as long. The only thing that I have started worrying about is the length of the book.

With every book that I've written (all 2 of them, ha) I have always underestimated the length of the book by a lot. This time, I was shooting for a 200 page book. But if the second half of the book is as long as the first half I'm looking at closer to 260 - 290. I think that's a little long for this type of book. I think that this book could be 185 pages and people would still feel like they're getting their money's worth. But above 250 I think that I might start to turn some readers off.

I guess I can't really help it. I am verbose. I like words and words like me. I need to get everything in that I need to get it, and I don't think that I help myself by making it a clunky reading experience. But who knows, maybe it'll be shorter than I think. I can't imagine how, but we'll see. I guess if worse comes to worse, I could always make the margins in the book a little smaller. Haha. It's like college in reverse. :-)

No comments: