Tuesday, October 20, 2009

When books about jelqing get deep

Words: 1,635
Time: 11:15 - 1:15
Mood: Very Good
Impression: Very deep for a book about a talking penis

I gotta say that today's writing felt very deep and very personal. I haven't mentioned this yet, but the book is about a guy with a talking penis who also happens to be a real dick. And today the main character confronted his penis about the penis' unhappiness. It may as well have been an art house movie instead of a book about a talking penis.

It was a real study in psychology. And as I was writing it, I started to think about what it was saying about me the author. I would like it to have not said anything at all, but clearly it said something. This is one of those times when I have to just block my self-consciousness and just focus on telling the story. Jeez, I would hate to think that either the main character or the penis character is actually me in disguise.

No comments: